Brian C. Kalas
V-card:Brian C. Kalas
Brian Kalas' practice focuses primarily in the areas of general business transactions and corporate representation, banking, securities, creditor’s rights and commercial litigation with an emphasis on:
- General representation of business clients in all corporate matters including formation, contract drafting and review and commercial litigation.
- Representation of creditors and debtor-companies with all matters involving loan modification, loan workout and refinancing.
- Representation of financial institutions and banks in commercial lending, negotiable instruments, bank litigation and enforcement actions.
- Representation of clients in business and commercial litigation, mediation and arbitration throughout the United States.
- Representation of business clients in commercial real estate transactions.
Brian Kalas graduated from the University of Toledo College of Law (J.D., 1999) and Bowling Green State University (M.A., Policy History). Prior to joining Niehaus Wise & Kalas Ltd, Mr. Kalas practiced in the area of general business and corporate law in various capacities including as a partner in a medium-sized law firm where he managed a significant banking and creditor’s right practice and an associate attorney in the corporate/securities/banking section with the law firm of Dickinson Wright in Detroit, Michigan.
Brian Kalas is admitted to practice in Ohio and in Michigan. He has practiced extensively throughout the state of Michigan in general corporate matters, commercial litigation, real estate and creditor’s rights. He is a member of the Toledo Bar Association, Ohio Bar Association and Michigan Bar Association.
Areas of Practice:
- Creditor’s Rights
- Real Estate
- Commercial Litigation
- B.S., Eastern Michigan University, 1994
- M.A., Bowling Green State University, 1996
- J.D., The University of Toledo, 1999
- Ohio, 1999
- Michigan, 2000